This 24 piece puzzle celebrate the diversity of nature, while encouraging learning through play. The large pieces of this puzzle are suited to developing cognitive and motor skills in growing children. Featuring signature illustrations and quality design.
Did you know that babies develop in so many ways during their first five years that it dwarfs everything they learn over the rest of their lives? Neither did we. Until 2002, when we had our son and studied everything we could get our hands on about babies’ development, that’s when we discovered that…
• newborns can only see as far as 12 to 15 inches away (around the length of your forearm and hand)
• they are most taken with their parents’ faces
• they are drawn to simple but repeating geometric shapes in black and white
• at around 6 months of age, they begin to recognize animal forms, later calling them by name
As a graphic designer with a background in Chemistry, Botany and Zoology, Surya along with Dave who was a teacher, was fascinated by the idea of helping our baby’s brain develop by literally playing with visuals. We created a planet of animals, which were designed to entertain and educate, taking into account each stage of development. As our son used the Art Cards, we discovered…
• as motor skills develop, babies start to grab the cards to look at them
• as you tell stories for each animal, your baby may listen and look, starting to turn the card again and again
• as a baby approaches one year, he or she may carry the cards around, sharing them with you and ask for a story.
Wee Gallery’s scope expanded as we learned along with our kids, and we now have a product line that reaches up to 5 years of age. We hope to continue to create toys that are simple, clever, and help you discover the beauty of connecting with the little people that are most important to us.
Materials and Dimensions
Environmentally-friendly ink on sturdy puzzle pieces
Completed puzzle measures 24 x 24 inches
Recommended for ages 3+